At lunch time on weekdays, the place is alive with customers. On these summer days, many are young people who have been – or are going – to the swimming pool. Some are travelers who turn off U.S. Highway 2 and find two lively eating spots in Larimore. The other is Larson’s, a long-time drive-in on Towner Avenue entering this town of 1,100 to 1,200 people.
You order at the window, where Jodie Knoblauch usually oversees the operation. The choices are burgers, specialty burgers, wraps. And there are sandwiches, ranging from chicken, Alaskan cod and turkey. There’s a hefty turkey club sandwich served on a sub bun.
The menu also offers salads, dinner baskets, kid meals. And then there is pizza and ice cream.
Most people know the menu well and quickly order and find a table. In a calm, cool manner, Knoblauch takes orders, presides over food preparation and delivers them to the tables. Or waits for customers to pick up their orders.
With friends, I enjoyed the midday lunch rush in Larimore. We ordered our turkey sandwiches at the window and found a booth with a chair at the end. That way we could do safe distancing during these days of precautions against coronavirus.
We didn’t leave without savoring the hand-scooped ice cream cones. There are eight flavors, and it takes a while to make choices.
The place is friendly. We visited with the Rev. Josh Fryman, of the New Testament Baptist Church in Larimore.
Dustin Barber, who owns the restaurant, is fire chief in Larimore. And he also represents Ward 2 on the Larimore City Council.
DB’S The Station
Where: 421 Towner Ave., Larimore, N.D.
Owner: Dustin Barber
Manager: Jodie Knoblauch
Hours: 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. weekdays, closed Saturday and Sunday
Telephone: (701) 343-2251
Report card: The food is inviting and freshly prepared with a variety of burgers, wraps and sandwiches. There are salads, dinner baskets, kids meals. Pizza and ice cream. The Station, with seating for 40, goes well beyond fast-food expectations. There is a pleasant feeling of hometown pride in this Larimore food center.
Reach Marilyn Hagerty at email@example.com or by telephone at (701) 772-1055.
- درک خفاش سیستم ایمنی بدن ممکن است کمک به شناسایی جدید COVID-19 دارو اهداف دانشمندان می گویند
- ترمیم دندان با مواد همرنگ: مزایا و هزینه
- صادرات و واردات کالاها به ایران موسسه حقوقی بیان امروز مشاوره حقوقی
- چگونه نمایش اسباب بازی به موفقیت
- UND مرتکب رهبری به فارگو 'بسیاری از تراویس روشه در او نیروی GM کری Eades می گوید
- سه مورد ضروری قبل از شروع اسباب بازی
- دریاچه منطقه دولت برای ارائه کتاب درسی کمک هزینه تحصیلی به دانش آموزان منطقه
- NDDOT به سر راننده مجوز خدمات در بخش مکان زمان
- چرا انگلستان رای حزب محافظه?
- مرد مقصر نزدیک به نیمی سریلانکا ویروس موارد صحبت می کند